View Single Post
Old 07-20-21, 06:58 AM
scottydonald

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TheRealDrPhil
A couple of comments deriving from this excellent thread.
1. Making pressure recommendations, or even just reporting what pressures you are riding tubeless tires on makes no sense without telling us how much you weigh (we won't judge) and what road surface you are riding. Someone criticized me for riding 80F/90R on smooth pavement telling me the pressures were way too high. I weigh 200lbs and the "tire pressure guides" tell me my pressures are too low!
2. I have now tried three tubeless tires in 25mm size: Bontrage R3, Veloflex Corsa Evo, and Michelin Power Road. Although they differ in many respects, and I can't say one leads the pack in all areas, so far the Veloflex win out because they just feel easier to climb hills on. I really don't care how well tires go down hills as I ride a fixie and am limited by my max cadence, but I sure do feel how a tire makes me struggle up a hill. The Bontragers feel like lead hoops, and the Michelins, while feeling more lively, still get heavy on a climb. But the Veloflex just seem to fly up hills.
YMMV, of course.
Interesting on weight -

I am 220lbs - 98-100kg and lean so I am by no means carrying too much useless weight.
I run Enve 4.5 AR Disc wheels
Schwalbe Pro Ones 28
65 PSI

I love my setup and would recommend it to anyone.