View Single Post
Old 04-21-22, 07:36 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 1,769 Times in 635 Posts
Very nice weather today so got some more work done on the Motive. Turns out the tires were bad looked good but failed after about five miles so replaced them with used junk set of Kendas and patched tubes and put on nice used 7 speed freewheel from my parts bin so figure another $25 so I'm pretty much at budget about $100 total. So it looks like other than some additional cleanup and service I'm will be going going with a single speed/screw driver gear change for this one and will just have to he-man 90 miles or so on back roads and dirt trails to complete the challenge. Bike actually rides pretty good and the frame is nice so ounce the challenge is done good chance I will put a proper 8 or 9 speed drive train on the bike.Did get a short ride into town to the library for another 5 miles or so.

Last edited by zukahn1; 04-21-22 at 07:40 PM.
Likes For zukahn1: