View Single Post
Old 04-21-22, 09:19 PM
machinist42
mycocyclist

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Paramount P-13 DeLuxe, 1964 Schwinn Sport Super Sport, 1972 Falcon San Remo, 1974 Maserati MT-1, 1974 Raleigh International, 1984 Lotus Odyssey, 198? Rossin Ghibli, 1990 LeMond Le Vanquer (sic), 1991 Specialized Allez Transition Pro, +

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 452 Posts
Klunkery Illustrative Assistance

Originally Posted by beng1
I rode over 1000 miles last summer easy on a 1973 Huffy Scout I paid $3 for at a garage-sale in the spring. I put $5 worth of used tires on it, about $6 worth of new brake pads and maybe $3 worth of new spokes. Also put a new chain on it that was surprisingly cheap at about $7. So that is $24. I did spend time cleaning and lubing the moving parts of the bike,bearings, lubed the cables etc.. Trued the wheels of course. the only part I replaced besides the tires was I swapped another old seat onto it because the seat I got with it was missing large chunks of it's cover and padding so half the metal pan was showing and it would have hurt by butt. I even played with the old combination lock on the bike until I cracked it's code and used it. I am sure I will put hundreds of more miles on it this year. Is this the type of bike this thread had in mind?
Originally Posted by Clang
Yes. With the Clunker Challenge you get points for lucky scores on nice bikes, but you also get credit for riding total garbage.

OP's Album.