Old 06-03-22, 10:00 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
Geez, I'm trying to remember....I did Ottawa Kingston and back, but holy bananas, back in something like 88?
More recently (2 summers ago) I did Kingston to more or less Montreal, going along the st Lawrence route, and it was pretty nice. Some bits very pretty near the 1000 islands area, and the rest was fine traffic wise (most people take the 401)

So the waterfront trail stuff is good, but the direct route Ottawa Kingston I have no recollection, not overly busy I don't think, and pretty enough.

Sorry, I'll have to check out the cataraqui trail info.
I get being skeptical about trail conditions, I too have been on stuff that was tough and slow, so yes, you want to get some recent good info.
There got to be some reliable info out there.
I'll be curious to hear what you find out, and will share if I find any.

Ps, is funny what jogs memories. Kingston to Ottawa I recall going along near marshy area, and a whole group of horse flies took off after me, pursuing me for kilometers. I had to really haul ass to keep ahead (no speedo bike computer then) but I clearly recall looking back and like out of a cartoon, seeing them frantically chasing me in a group. Plus the sound of them whacking into my helmet over and over--my first helmet btw, so a novel thing.

Last edited by djb; 06-03-22 at 10:09 PM.