Old 06-12-22, 07:20 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdwmth
I think I've finalized it. Barring some future discovery, I will ride to Belleville, then north to either Smith Falls or Perth, then to Ottawa. Smith Falls has a camp site and the route is shorter but Perth looks nicer. Will probably opt for the camp site option.

Im really looking forward to both these destinations. In fact, Sand Dunes park, Kingston, the St Lawrence, the Canadian shield area, Ottawa, and the possible train Journey back home, have all been on my wish list for some time. Some for years.

Starting to get excited. My bike is dialed in and working well, have almost all the gear I wanted (I'm weirdly excited about the ultralight camp chair arriving tomorrow), navigation sorted out, and I'm starting to feel fit again. Need to pin down a date and then hope all my campsite destination are available.
Sounds good. The sand dunes part of sandbanks is a cool place, the dunes are about a 30 min ride from the camping area of sandbanks, but the whole area might be worth a day off if you feel like it. Lots of fun memories going to the dunes area with the kids.
​​​​​​
in any case, like you say, you'll see lots of stuff on this trip, and will be fun. Again, campgrounds are nice for the showers, especially after a stinking hot day. When we did Kingston to Montreal we had some stonkers heat wise. Those days is nice hitting a AC gas station and buying cold drinks like gatoraid.

Have fun, if you haven't ridden loaded much, if possible, try some shorter days at first.
Get back with info on how things went.
Cheers