View Single Post
Old 12-14-22, 11:56 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10965 Post(s)
Liked 7,492 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by Rolla
How much does Overlord Bezos charge for the privilege of giving him your business? I heard Prime was $180 a year.
Originally Posted by Rolla
I just looked -- it's 14.99 a month, plus tax. I completely understand the convenience, but if you order from Amazon Prime 10 times a year, you're paying an additional $18.00 per purchase -- no matter how small the purchase is. I guess streaming makes up for some of it, but I have an equally hard time paying to watch TV as I do paying for "free" shipping.

I must be old.
Your initial comment is phrased in a very skewed manner, presumably on purpose. A consumer is not charged anything for buying from Amazon. A consumer can CHOOSE to join Prime and pay a fee that provides many features, if the consumer finds those features to be worth the cost. That is no different than countless other companies and pricing schemes.

If a person orders 10 things from Amazon each year and uses no other services, then it is probably not a good deal to belong to Prime. Again- the person is not forced to belong to Prime in order to buy those 10 things.

We use Prime for a lot of movies, some shows, a lot of purchases, and a ton of music. We actually have the music subscription too, which costs a monthly rate in addition to Prime, but it allows multiple people to listen at the same time and opens up the library to infinitely more music. Again, we do this because we find value in it. Bezos doesnt make us do it.
We could rent all the movies for a cost, pay shipping for all the purchases, join other music services...and pay more in the end.

You arent old, you just struggle to accept that your preferences and priorities arent the same as everyone else's.
Likes For mstateglfr: