View Single Post
Old 02-09-21, 08:57 AM
tpadul 

Bikes: 1984 Sekai 5000 Superbe, 1987 Raleigh Seneca Mountain Tour, 1984 Schwinn World Sport, 1978 Raleigh Grand Prix, 2021 Handsome She Devil, Mystery Vintage purple road bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 61 Posts
Handsome Cycles for recreational biking

Hi there, just wanted to share some info about a small bicycle company called Handsome Cycles in Minneapolis. I have had just vintage bikes for several years in fact my last brand new bike was in 1987 so it had been 32 years since I actually bought a new bike. This fall I was on the search for a brand new modern bike yet I still wanted steel and not aluminum or carbon frames. I also wanted to support a small US based bicycle company and began my search. I narrowed it down to Detroit Bikes and Handsome Cycles. I think Handsome Cycles has designed some really nice recreational bicycles at a very affordable price. I worked directly with one of the owners Jesse Erickson and he spent time on the phone with me since I am In Indiana and we talked about what I wanted in a new bike and helped me decide on the type of bike and fit I needed. Shipping was only $50 via Fed Ex. My new Handsome She Devil step through 8 speed was built at the beginning of January and shipped to me and I completed the assembly at home.

The frame is 4130 Double Butted Cro-Mo and weighs in at 25lbs for my 52cm frame. I bought new pedals and saddle as I just wanted to upgrade them from the stock saddle and pedals but you can customize and order a different saddle from them. I also added the copper colored hammered fenders that they offer on their website. Their upright handlebars are their own design from their frame builder.

https://handsomecycles.com/

Likes For tpadul: