Old 03-31-21, 05:15 PM
guy153

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked 263 Times in 212 Posts
Originally Posted by Aldatroid
Thanks!!

I used Montana spray cans. Montana metal primer, Montana Metallic and Montana Gloss Varnish. It looks better than it holds up 😂. I know my prep work is not great over the whole frame but it chips real easy even on places I know I prepped well before spraying. I’ll probably use a 2K varnish next time as well since the 1K scuffs really easy.
Thanks! I might try Montana. I've used 2k clear on the last couple of frames. It doesn't seem particularly robust either. I thought you might have done the paint yourself as I could see some tiny imperfections when I zoomed in But much better than any of my paint jobs. And none of that matters because in no time there's mud etc. all over the place anyway. But I usually have to do a bit of touching up in the Spring after the grit-blasting of winter has removed bits of paint from the top of the ST and other vulnerable areas which is not ideal.

Maybe one day a fun project might be to make a frame-sized powder coating oven. I've seen a few people powder coating on YT and it doesn't look too hard, you just need an oven big enough to put your parts into it, and frames are a bit bigger than regular kitchen ovens.