View Single Post
Old 06-09-21, 01:25 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
i havent been shy with my suggestions and you havent been shy with your passive aggressive as well as outright aggressive snark.

In threads discussing the new subforum which is on a message board, i have stated my opinions. Ive done that since this is literally a place to state opinions. That seems quite reasonable.
The forum was created because a user suggested it. Since a user's opinion created the subforum, its reasonable to think that another user's opinion will be heard. Go snark about the user who suggested the forum since they are 'telling the mods how to do their jobs' if you want to be consistent.

1- i am not telling the mods how to do their jobs.
2- i fully recognize mods volunteer and the job is thankless.
3- i have been vocal about not forcing threads into the subforum since that practice is so very rarely done in all other forums. That is user feedback.
4- do you think users should just stay quiet and never discuss changes to a system that benefits from the users actually using the system? This is a symbiotic relationship- message board and users. Feedback from both sides helps the relationship continue.

Its great that you have recently discovered bikes with integrated shifting into the brake levers. If you post questions on the road forum about your older bike/older tech, you will have answers. I know this because people do it all the time. If you post questions on the c&v forum about your newer bike/newer tech, you will have answers. I know this because people do it all the time.
Im not sure what language you think you need to speak to post about your bike on the road forum- its the same language you will need to post about your bike on any of the forums.

You and mods seem to think the circle of c&v and circle of road dont/cant intersect so another forum was needed to bridge the gap. Reality is that the circles are a pretty significant overlapping venn diagram.

tl/dr