Old 06-25-21, 01:33 PM
bulgie 
blahblahblah chrome moly

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1179 Post(s)
Liked 2,575 Times in 1,076 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
those are the Medici lugs shown for the most part, They were "inspired" by the BCM Confente modified lugs but were when set next to each other poor imitations.
there was much lost in translation. As a designer, I have seen this time and again in the pre 3D modeling era. the toolmaker has a much easier time with simple arcs and radii, a developed curve... not.
No idea where the "dropped" lug ear shape came from either. Was not part of the Confente drawings. (which Jim Cunningham had printed onto a t shirt way way back)
the initial run had no windows, the later sets had the Medici window cast in.
These lugs were a surprise to Mario, they went to Medici and ticked him off.
Had Mario lived he was working on a total reboot to place distance from him and Medici.
Way way too much visual confusion, the lugs were close, the model names on the chainstays...
I agree, Medici lugs are sort of naïve compared to a Confente, whose curves were so much more refined. Yeah, what's up with those seatpost pinchbolt ears? Kinda dumb and ugly. Apologies to anyone who loves their Medici, but they're not Confente-level and that's just a fact!

I'm so mad that we never got to see what he would have done next. Of course "our" loss is trivial compared to what his wife suffered. So sad.

Mark B