Bikes: Cannondale Super V 600

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Cyclone EXP

My Cyclone EXP

Hi members,
i got myself a 650 watt cyclone kit about 1 year ago and before even riding a single minute have done some serious reengineering to solve the following:

1. In tough terrain the motor overheated quite often. I´ve machined a new motor housing out of a solid aluminium block and integrated cooling fins.
2. The freewheels are not sealed so dirt can easily get inside. By making a protective housing for the freewheel that now features shim rings no water or dust can now damage the inside.
3. The original motor mount was replaced by a new one made out of aircraft aluminium. The clamps that hold it to the frame are also made out of one solid piece.
4. Yes, the planetary gear box is now 47mm shorter thus enabeling me to fit the motor inside the bikes frame at the center of gravity. This was another month of work using mill and lathe.
5.The battery box at the bikes back is also made out of metal and holds things in place even when jumping around off road.
6. All the wires that go in and out of the motor / controller were replaced by highly flexible silicon cables and this time water stays out.
7. This is off topic, but the headlight features a 5 watt LED with a custom built dimmer and was also made out of a solid block of aluminium.

... and how does it work. I love it. I know i´m bragging a bit, but after almost 900 hours of work in my machine shop this setup really gets things going. To this day i´ve ridden more then 3700 Km under hardest off road conditions here in Spain at high temperatures. Nothing failed on me to this day. But i must say the way i got this kit it would have probably died on me after a short ridden distance. I also wrote Paco ( The guy at Cyclone ), sent him pictures and never got an answer. But hey, they didn´t design this thing anyway!!! Check out headline electronics under:

http://www.headline-motor.com

Last edited by martin1973; 06-14-08 at 01:55 PM.