View Single Post
Old 03-05-21, 10:45 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3148 Post(s)
Liked 1,712 Times in 1,034 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I wish I could see the original advertisements in question for the supposed scam. However in the pictures I could see, there was nothing that said "Route Werks". I'd have a problem from the get-go if I didn't see who made it in the description of what was being sold to me and the identity of the manufacturer mattered to me.

If I were shown a glass of milk, I wouldn't assume it's any particular brand of milk. Certainly wouldn't assume it to be a high dollar brand of milk.
in the ad I saw, it did not say Route Works, but then Route Works is no more a brand than any made-up web vendor name; RW has had no other products and this one wasn’t even out yet, so seeing a smartly designed project is all there is to go on anyway. Having backed other Kickstarter projects, I’m fully aware there are risks regarding quality and execution, and anyone who expects otherwise does not understand the purpose or reality of the KS platform, and is misusing it. Brand/manufacturer identity is not really a thing on KS because of its basic nature as an incubator, although we have seen established brands use the platform, like Knog.