Old 02-14-22, 05:44 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4393 Post(s)
Liked 3,016 Times in 1,865 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
I've been IM fasting for nearly 3 years. It's a weight loss technique but I think the most important aspect of it is to get into Autophagy. When I started, I had a hard time going any amount of time without a meal. I was more than 100 lbs. overweight, and my blood sugar was like a rollercoaster. I gradually worked up to an 18-6 schedule. For 2 years I have been on 20-4 schedule, and only eating in a 4-hour window every day. The key to get into Autophagy is to consume absolutely zero calories during the fast period. Just some gum or mints can get you out of Autophagy. I encourage everyone to do some research on Autophagy. I like to call it aging backwards, and it truly has been life changing for me.
That's interesting. How do you know? Is there research that says this? My understanding is that research on autophagy in human subjects is pretty limited. Or is there some perception you have when you are in the supposed state?

Some autophagy happens whether you fast or not- for example, when you sleep. My understanding is that certain diets, exercise regimens, spices (supposedly tumeric), and fasting can increase it. So the concept of "to get into autophagy" is....hazy, I would have thought.