View Single Post
Old 06-01-21, 10:58 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 972 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
I like the Tara rack too, but I have found that it did not fit well on some of my bikes. It has only minimal adjustability.

Tubus used to make a rack called the Ergo, that had two sets of mounting points on the hoop instead of one set for the horizontal bars to attach to, that fit much better on one of my bikes.

I bought a Tara to use on a different bike and it fit so poorly, I ended up putting the Tara on the shelf and buying a different rack for that bike.

Later, when I built up my titanium bike with a LHT fork on it, the Tara fit nicely on that so I finally found a place to use it.
ya, when I got my Troll and was considering racks, I specifically went with models that I had seen used successfully on other Troll touring setups. Figured that would be the best thing, go with what worked for others--specifically the rear rack, due to the mountain bikey shaped frame, so a rear rack that has longer mounting stay thingees is important. I had seen numerous folks using the Logo, so went with that, plus I liked the lower rail to lower the pannier weight-with the downside of a smaller top rack area compared to the Cargo.