View Single Post
Old 06-14-22, 05:08 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 2,296 Times in 1,283 Posts
I have been moving things around myself. With two bikes in the build process , I realized I needed more parts. The original 27” wheels I had intended to use on my Raleigh Pro Mark V were not going to work. It appears that it needed 700c wheels . It was a disappointment as they are a really nice set. So I decided to buy a donor bike that popped up on the local CL. The bike is way too small but had a really nice set of Mavic G40 wheels laced with straight gage SS spokes to a couple of early Phil hubs that are very nice. This set off a musical wheel and tire changing marathon! The other bike I am building is a mid eighties Medici that was a generous gift from a fellow BF member that needed a few things that were also on the donor. The donor bike is actually a very nice bike but way too small for me at 20” c-c seat tube. It appears to be a custom frame of unknown origin but the speculation is that it was built by one of the Santa Barbara builders . I will pass it along once I get all the parts off it.

Of course the FW and derailleur will end up on my only touring bike , a Motobecane Grand Sprint
The whole donor bike was purchased far under what I would have paid for the wheels . The shifters will end up on the Medici putting that frame closer to a bike. Busy weekend!
Likes For Kabuki12: