View Single Post
Old 12-27-19, 01:09 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7333 Post(s)
Liked 2,430 Times in 1,419 Posts
I had lots of fun on bikes this year. There are some things I wish I had done but lots of things I'm glad I did, too. As usual, I haven't taken enough long or fun rides. As usual, I've done a lot of commuting, which I enjoy a lot. I've ridden to social things and work and some group rides including NYC's last Century Ride, not to be confused with the 5-boro bike tour, which I also did (but won't do again). In February, I saw on Facebook that the bike coop was having a Sheldon Brown memorial bike ride in Brooklyn from the Grand Army Plaza to Coney Island Beach. I had been meaning to get involved with the coop, and I met the folks on that ride. Since then, I've been volunteering regularly and had a grand old time there. I've made some friends, too, some of whom I like a lot. I feel like I've found my tribe, so to speak.

Total miles this year is about 2,500 which is a little less than last year, partly because I haven't had much work. I resumed going to college which is where I got most of my miles. I'm really loving being back at college. I'm learning things I should have learned the first two times, but better late than never.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Likes For noglider: