View Single Post
Old 01-04-20, 10:07 AM
DarKris

Bikes: Kona Kahuna DL Drop Bar - Sensah SRX Pro 1x11 (2012 Frame), Giant Toughroad GX 1 - Shimano Road Hydro + SLX 1x10 (2018), Diamondback Sync'r - SRAM NX 1x12 (2020)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by zjrog
I thought so. I'm looking at options for pedals due to a bad ankle, now in an AFO brace. this will require me to adopt a more mid foot cleat position. Or, use a longer pedal like these to better support my whole foot.

SO, how did you choose them? How do you like them? Would you ride them on a road bike?
I chose them cause I was getting foot cramps when trying to run standard flat pedals for extended rides. When I switched to these I felt like my feet finally had better support and no cramping. I did multiple group rides with the Catalyst pedals and they held up very well in my experience.

The only thing for me is that on road cranks the Q factor is so narrow that I have to run these with pedal spacers. That said because of the narrow Q factor on the pedals I’m thinking about taking my large Stamp pedals from my fat bike and swapping the Catalysts to that.

Thats the other thing. I like the size large Crank brothers Stamp pedals (not the plastic ones) as an alternative to the Catalyst pedals. They aren’t as long but they are longer than most flat pedals, and they are wider which is great for me so I don’t have to run extenders.