Mad Honk 

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Liked 1,912 Times in 1,142 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk
Well OldsCOOL,
I finally got my 1985 670 back from the powder coaters and here are a few pics. This one is a 57cm and really bums me out that I can not even straddle it today thanks to shrinking from age disease. It will be a great ride for the next owner as I am the original owner getting it direct from Trek when I was working in the biggest Trek dealer shop in the US. It got some paint damage in a house fire when it was in the garage so it got a new paint job and here it is now, It will need decals and a clear coat to protect them but will be like the team ones from 1985. I left a color ring on the head steerer tube to give an idea if the color for the bike in '85 which was a teal color with white decals.

my crappy camera wouldn't let me get a better picture than this

The detail of the methods of the painter's use of tapes to cover the essential pieces

the powder coaters clear coat the details of the serial numbers

They keep the chrome details the way they should be to stay period correct

The threads are protected in coating so the bike will be easy to re-assemble
Smiles, MH
Well folks it has now come to the time for me to part with this piece of history. One of only 1185 made and for only one year. This one is a good rider and was for a short time my daily driver. Since it is too tall for me to ride, I am putting it up for sale here on BF so it will go to a good home.
I am thinking about $250 plus shipping to a new owner. Will that be a fair price for a BF member? Thanks in advance, MH
Likes For Mad Honk: