View Single Post
Old 04-28-23, 08:00 AM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked 728 Times in 373 Posts
The folder would more seem to fit your purpose in that it easily folds. While the other Bike Friday disassembles into two small suitcases it’s a job I don’t think most people want to do every time they hope on and off a bus.

As for the ride of a Bike Friday, in my opinion it depends on your intended use. We had a Bike Friday tandem when our daughter was young it worked great with a child stoker. We also used it as a travel tandem, with my wife as stoker. With and adult stoker you could definitely feel the flex, to the point my wife didn’t like it, particularly pushing the bike hard.

Nonetheless we were able to do fast group rides on it and descend at 50 mph plus.

In my opinion, if you’re not a big team, and your not really pushing the bike hard, it would be fine for commuting.

I would not worry about the small wheels, they’re actually quite fast, and stronge than a conventionally sized wheel.

Also Bike Friday’s tend to hold their value quite well. ( We sold ours for almost what we originally paid it for it new after several years of use.) So if you buy it and decide you don’t like it , you should be able to get at least most of your money back.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.