View Single Post
Old 07-04-17, 06:30 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10969 Post(s)
Liked 7,495 Times in 4,191 Posts
Originally Posted by jonc123
Is the new trail Woodward to Perry? I talked to a couple Iowans and was told the right of way has already been purchased.

Also, Sportsmans Park...I looked at a satellite view and it looks like they have a few concrete pads. Do they have an area for bikes? Lot of the campgrounds are full during the season (which is short usually from APR-OCT).
The woodward to perry section is what i was referring to.
It isnt complete, far from it...as in not at all. Just saying that after the 3 to however many years it takes to complete, itll be a sweet addition. You could have 2 different all trail routes to ride from jefferson to baxter which is 100mi 1 way. Thats wild...how there would be 2 different trail routes to get you from one small iowa town to an even smaller iowa town spanning 100mi.

As for sportsmans, there are spots for tent camping, it isnt exclusively rv use. That park is, in my limited experience, a relatively quiet camp spot compared to most. I think its location is why.