View Single Post
Old 09-18-21, 09:18 AM
Rolla

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 3,270 Times in 1,439 Posts
Originally Posted by lancelegstrong
Thanks for the info, turns out i made a mistake and my crankset is 7402 not 7400 but i'm pretty sure the measurements are the same anyway?
I've literally been looking all day for a chainring to match and i managed to find one on ebay that is a Dura Ace SG-X 10 Speed 44T Chainring
Would it be compatible? I tried to google some info about the sg-x that it is advertised as but couldn't come up with anything, looks like it might work?
Also not sure about the 3/32" tooth width, i might have to message to ask because it doesn't look like it specifies that either. Is that the standard measurement for single speeds?

Cheers
Any 44T chainring with the same BCD will work with that crankset.

The 3/32" width is one of two standards, the other being 1/8". A lot of dedicated singlespeeds and BMX bikes use 1/8", but geared drivetrains typically don't. The only issue is that a 3/32" chain won't work on a 1/8" chainring or cog, but a 1/8" chain will work on both 1/8" and 3/32" rings and cogs. It's extremely likely that your chainring and cog are 3/32". I only mentioned it because you might have to get a longer chain when you increase the tooth count on the chainring, and it's best to match the chain width with that of the other components.