Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4416 Post(s)
Liked 4,525 Times in 3,027 Posts
Originally Posted by CyclingBK
Thought I’d make an intro here and welcome any comments, encouragement, and advice.

I started taking my fitness seriously about 2 years ago. Been in the gym doing the lifting/cardio thing regularly and it’s been a game changer. But, I just realized how much I hate cardio machines. Lightbulb went off...get a bike!

I got a great deal on a CTY 1.1, got all the gear just last Saturday. Been to Prospect Park 4 times and I couldn’t be more happy. The first 3 rides I did one lap, it’s about 3.5 miles with a sustained hill that, for me, is not so easy. Then today, I did 2 laps, silly, but Im proud.

The sights, the sounds, seeing all the serious cyclists to inspire you. And you feel like a kid again, such a blast from the past.

Hoping to get my bearing over the next few weeks, get up to 10 miles and beyond, and start cruising all over.
Yup I’m stuck at 51 I’ve been slacking but here when the temps go to 104 Mother Nature makes you take a break. The advice I have is just go ride and go from there Don’t be surprised when you’re wind and endurance improves faster than you think.
Likes For Hondo Gravel: