Old 05-12-20, 08:50 AM
UsedToBeFaster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Love bike color

Great red almost burgundy but not. I prefer it to the brighter racing red.

Originally Posted by lykbutta
What’s good everyone. My 2020 GIANT Contend AR1 came in today and I took it out for a spin. Wow. Loved it. I was a bit nervous as it was my first time riding a road bike and wearing clipless however I quickly picked it up.

I’m am loving the road bike scene and just a little scared of the speed as my trek Marlin was MUCH heavier and I felt that I had more stability. It will just take getting used to.

One question I had for the group, I started hitting 20 mile rides and I’ve been doing ok I guess, just hit 80 minutes for a 20 min stretch today. I want to start venturing to longer rides and wondered if y’all wear camelbaks by chance. I have my phone, multitool, spare inner tube (they came tubeless) and a few other things to carry, not to mention I could be carrying 80oz extra of water. My friend who road bikes at work says they are frowned upon since they have jerseys they pack them. For me, I’m 6’3 - 256 and not the slimmest (getting there) but these jerseys don’t fit the best so I don’t have pockets. What is everyone’s thoughts on it IF you run one and which one do you run. I’m looking to get one and thought I’d come to the experts!