View Single Post
Old 05-11-21, 11:12 AM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Fitness is a combination of leanness and power specific to the type of riding you intend. Most humans do not achieve their potential for many reasons, it takes many, many years of dedicated training.

348 watts for 5 minutes is nothing. IIRC, it is corresponds to a FTP of 310-315. Good solid Cat 3 in the day. No racing anymore. Just to make sure I was not lying, I went into GoldenCheetah. It was 357 watts for 4:59 and 317 watts for 34:45. I can give you the phone number of my sports cardiologist if you want to talk to him. Most Pro 1/2 would be well over those figures. I recall reading A. Coggan saying that with years of dedicated training the average human could get to just about 4W/Kg or 300 watts.

Again. the point of my post was to say, low HR for an older person does not necessarily mean low power. If you wish to say my power was only 280 or 260 watts, fine. It was at 137 bpm and on a sub 20 minute 10 mile TT. I am going to do some sprint training today, have a good day.
Intervals.icu , which will only be used by people interested not only in cycling but stats and improving themselves, suggests that at my weight 348W/5 minute would be ca. 75th percentile. To call that nothing is a joke. That is better than 3 in 4 other humans. Humans already interested never mind all those not even interested. And you do that in your 60s.