Old 05-24-19, 10:46 PM
good4u

Bikes: Trek DS 2 and Cannondale Topstone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 404 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Helderberg
Thank you for your response. What make and model seat did you end up with? I am so completely lost with finding the right type of seat I am ready to scream. I would pull my hair out but most of that is already gone. I did get a measurement of my sit bones so at least that is a step in the right direction. I found out that the seat that came with my bike is too narrow and I believe the cutout would help in my situation.
Frank.

It was an Ergon SFC3 Gel. The least expensive of the SFC3 saddles although I don't recall whether their lineup changed. It has a relief channel versus a cutout like I ultimately went to. I empathize with the problem of finding a saddle that works for you and the difficulty of reading information and opinions about something you end up sitting on. I have several saddles in my spare parts box.

What issues are you dealing with? Comfort? Numbness? Saddle width issues? How much time in the saddle have you had recently and with a particular saddle?

In changing saddles I found that the saddle height needs to account for the particular saddle. For example, after the Ergon I tried an impulse purchase saddle that was quite a bit thicker (taller) than the Ergon but in my haste to get a ride in I did not lower the seat height so my saddle was too high and caused a big, big problem.
Likes For good4u: