View Single Post
Old 05-19-21, 03:01 PM
Bearhawker

Bikes: '23 Devinci Hatchet Carbon Apex1 '19 Norco Bigfoot 6.1 ,'12 Motobecane Turino (killed by dog crash), '12 Trek 3700 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 74 Posts
Originally Posted by OBoile
I don't know if the OP is still around, but there is something seriously wrong with your diet if it is the reason you can't do 30 minutes of exercise at a time.
LOL

About a decade ago I decided I was going to get fit and lose weight. I have knee & back issues (lost 2cm off a leg in a motorcycle accident) so I didn't think I could do anything but walk, so I bought the cheapest eliptical trainer I could find. Day 1 (January) exercise consisted of assembling the unit and a bottle of wine. Next day I was on for a few minutes. I got up to 5 minutes and when I could do 5 minutes a day for 6 days I went to 10 minutes. Then 15, 30, and sometimes more.

In May that year I was running sub-30 minute 5k races.

So yes I agree that there is something terribly wrong if you cannot do 30 minutes of exercise at a time... but I also know that you can fix that!

For 30 years I didn't think I could ride a bike because of my leg length discrepancy... once I found that out I never ran again.