Old 07-20-21, 02:16 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 442 Times in 315 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I've got no help for you. Just wanted to comment that there seem to be a rash of stuck BB threads during the last week or so.

Wonder what's up with that? Planet's not aligned right? Moon wobble? Maybe COVID can do more than we think!

As usual, consider letting one of your LBS's take a shot at it. If their mechanic has been wrenching for a while, then they probably have dealt with stuck BB's enough times to know what works for them. Maybe even down to the point of knowing what works best for that specific type BB in that specific shell and the material the shell is made of.
yeah, over the last few days I was reading the thread about the Eddy Merckx Litespeed titanium with the stuck Octalink BB. Same kind of malfunction here. This Silk Tour 800 was purchased from Craig’s List locally and is just begging to be built into a proper gravel bike with different, better parts. I’m thinking of running a BSA30 bottom bracket in the threaded 68mm English bottom bracket so I can run a custom Cannondale Hollowgram triple crank for the re-build.