Old 07-30-21, 12:41 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by idk what to say
yesterday i asked a stupid question "why are bikes so expensive" i wanted to know if i should invest in a bike thats top tier or just get a cheap one from craigslist for now. You might have thought i was a troll but i have more important things to do even though I was and still is super bored. so again sorry.
I was one of the first to the line...

Your question was without the context you just provided here, which sure sounded like trolling. Yes, your spelling and syntax were atrocious, work on it, it makes it easier to understand the question...but, more importantly, when you ask a question, provide a bit of context, we cannot read your mind.

The cost differential between various bikes is driven by a lot of factors, to your original question. For you, at this point, a less expensive used bike can be a bargain, but with it comes the near certain necessity that it will need some proper maintenance...either to get it working properly, or to keep it working. For you, as a new to cycling person, the advantages of a more expensive bike, perhaps new, are probably not going to be immediately realized. And even if you buy that more expensive bike, it will still at some point require maintenance to keep in proper working order, which will also maintain/improve the experience of riding it. Going with the bike at a lower price, and planning to get it properly looked over and tuned up before you ride it will cost you less and get you riding. You can upgrade later.