Old 01-20-08, 11:39 AM
Turboem1
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Reno

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here are some questions I have never seen answered and am confused about.

- If you get dropped bad, dont feel like you can catch up, get lapped, or cant even finish what do you do? You just pull off from the race? Do you have to notify someone when you pull off?

- How is it "judged". For example you have a number. Does that mean a person manually logs everytime you cross the start/finish or is there an electronic device that registers every lap?

- Either way I assume once you get lapped you are hopeless and should stop? (some crits by me are on a 1 mile loop, which is obviously different then if the crit is 10 mile laps)

- How do you know when/where the primes are? I know they are sometime in the middle of the race but how do you kow when?

- I also see people say "they ring the bell". When do they ring the bell? Before the last lap? Is it different for every race?

- Do you have to keep track of how far you have raced or will you be notified. I am sure in a 20+ lap race it may be hard to remember if your on lap 14 or 15.

- Also I see some races are setup different ways. Some are 50 miles and others are 45 minutes. Is there a reason for that or does it depend on the race?

Thanks