View Single Post
Old 04-27-22, 05:01 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by a_d_a_m
Thanks, indy. The camping tips won't apply this time as we are doing a BNB and two hotels...will keep in mind for future tour purposes.

We are actually dropping the rental near Frostburg, so we aren't technically doing the whole GAP. We'll stock up on food/drink for the day beforehand and just lug it up the Divide with us. Glad to hear the climb isn't TOO bad. If it's a consistent railroad grade, I can survive it...I hope.

The plan is to hit Rockwood on Friday early evening (6ish), hopefully in time to get food at Rock City Cafe (which closes at 8pm) or Trailside Brewing (which closes at 9pm), which is a newer place that may in fact have taken over the dollar store you got your dry pasta at. Aside, Dollar General is open 'til 10pm that night so I can at least find SOMEthing.
I saw that brewery on Google Maps. I don’t think it was there when I stayed in Rockwood during my 2020 cross-PA tour.

If you want to take a short detour with one very short hill I can show you how to get to the house where Buffalo Bill lived in “Silence of the Lambs.” It’s now a stay experience lodging place that sells Skin Suit So Soft body lotion.