View Single Post
Old 07-19-22, 07:06 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1458:

It's been in the upper 90s here the last few weeks, often times with humidity. I'm not complaining in the least, as the memories of February are still fresh in my mind.

This morning on the way in it was 79°F, and there was a pretty stiff headwind. I haven't been sleeping well the last few weeks and am feeling pretty wiped out, so I went for slow and steady against the wind rather than completely trying to bust my hump and save five minutes.

Was about two miles from the office when I noticed a co-worker riding a few hundred yards in front of me. I picked up my pace to attempt to catch up with him. I got within about 50 yards when he made a traffic light and I didn't. About a mile down the road I finally did catch up when he was stopped for a light. At that point we only had about 1/4 mile left to the office, but it was nice riding with him even if for a very brief amount of time.

Still haven't done the rebuild on my road bike, so the crank is really wobbly in the bottom bracket and I have to do a lot of coaxing to get the rear derailleur to shift. Yesterday I noticed I have now officially worn through my left brake hood (one of the replacement items I have sitting at home in the box of parts.) This Saturday it's supposed to be in the upper 80s and rainy, so I'm hoping the garage will be a reasonable enough temp for me to spend the day finally going through and refurbishing this bike.