View Single Post
Old 08-16-22, 01:19 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6954 Post(s)
Liked 10,958 Times in 4,685 Posts
Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
I have a mystery leak in one of my wheels at the moment but I’m sure that I’ll fix it. The the tire on a couple 2-3 hour rides and the tire holds up fine but is out of air in the morning. A brief check of the tread this morning located two spots where a stone is embedded. I also checked my logs and I found that I hadn’t checked the sealant this summer or about 2600 miles and 3 months.

I’m fairly certain that the tire is acting like a regular clincher with a small leak and there isn’t enough sealant to plug it. I’ll know when I get around to looking at it but I’m betting that I’ve already figured it out.
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I've gotten lazy and don't schedule sealant checks anymore. When my tires start losing more than a few psi overnight, I take that as an indication that I need to top off.
I just moved from a more moderate climate to...Hell. Well, it's hot as hell around here, anyway. And dry. I used to check my sealant level each month, and only had to add sealant every couple months. Now I often add sealant every 2-3 weeks. If I don't, the tires go dry and punctures don't seal.