View Single Post
Old 08-18-22, 10:55 AM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked 1,986 Times in 569 Posts
Originally Posted by Calsun
Best places to get Covid is in an airport or in a passenger jet or in a karoke bar. The Veterans Administration released its findings that those who have had a Covid infection are twice as likely to die from all causes as those who have not been infected. Not unexpected considering Covid viruses affect every organ in the body.
Not good news, considering that when it’s all said and done, virtually everyone will be infected. It’s outrageously contagious.

That bike tour I was on for 2 weeks? COVID ripped through the group with about half of the group testing positive. Imagine being a tour director and having to deal with that!

I joined in about 5 weeks after the start. Not happy about it, but I didn’t want to sit off all by myself for the entire trip. I also reasoned that dice COVID ripped through the group, it was actually rather safe, as everyone at that point either was immune or had acquired immunity.

in any case, I spent the 2 weeks in close contact with everyone in the group, did my share of saloon hopping and the like and just hoped for the best.

I was also in Quebec shortly before that at a convention, including a dinner with 300 people shouting at each other to be heard for several hours. I’ve also flown at least 6 times in the last few months (wearing a mask).

I was also at a dinner with some skiing friends back in March and I was the only one among 6 at the table that didn’t get COVID.

I don’t think anyone is that lucky, so I’ve concluded that I probably was infected at some point and just didn’t realize it.

Strange stuff.