Old 12-01-08, 08:15 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Originally Posted by Machin Shin
Robbie, you're a good man. Those kids are very lucky indeed to have you in their community.

Kudos my friend!
My last note on this, because the thread is very important to keep going for its intended purpose.

I found out yesterday that the original donor of 2 bikes simply emailed 150 of his colleagues (realtors) that they could call me and I'd "handle it." I walked into church yesterday to find about a dozen volunteers and offers of several more bikes. The original 5 are finished and ready, plus 2 scooters. The donor of a Specialized Hard Rock saw it cleaned up, and I couldn't fix the R shifter, so he took it back, says now he'll go ahead and buy a shifter. Maybe I'll see it again, maybe he'll resume riding. Either way is good. I'll find a local donor for batteries for the electric scooters, and get them out, too. It looks like we'll be doing this until about Dec 16th, and are on pace to create 15-20 new riders. I'm grateful for your words of encouragement, and realize now, of course, that this has nothing to do with me, I'm just where I was supposed to be at the time.

Rob