View Single Post
Old 08-15-20, 12:14 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10453 Post(s)
Liked 11,944 Times in 6,113 Posts
My preference would be to upgrade it but as unobtrusively as possible. I'd ditch the saddle for something black. Replace the seatpost with something silver. I really hate generation 1 Ergo levers, so I'd ditch them.

Depending on how much you climb, and how much you like doing it in big gears, you might upgrade to 10 speed - new brifters (generation 2 Ergos are nice), new rear derailleur. I'd think seriously about changing the bar, because it might be pretty old. If you replace the stem for better fit (because that one looks really small), I'd go with another 3T - don't do the "fake threadless" thing - yuck! If those are Chorus hubs, I'd look very closely at the rims - those look like Reflex, and I had spokes pull through on those. If they need replacing, there are nice silver low profile rims you can rebuild the wheels with.

That fork looks like a replacement in carbon. Any chance the owner had the original?

Cables, brake pads, new bar tape in black - white is for red bikes...

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: