View Single Post
Old 04-15-22, 08:20 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveLeeNC
Carbonfiberboy I tried your hanging suggestion - HOLY COW! At this point I don't have extreme pain doing anything that I have tried - UNTIL THIS. I have my own personal formula for 'when is discomfort that I can work my way through' worth working my way through and when is it probably doing damage. This one definitely fell in the damage camp (although that is nothing more than my best guess).
That's why one should take advice from the internet with a lot of skepticism. Amateurs reading words without some sort of actual assessment to compare to your actual assessment are very unlikely to have beneficial advice. One person's injury, is likely nothing like another's. Hanging/stretching might help lack of range caused by unuse, but will not help a tear, and could make it worse. And making a tear worse can cause retraction which can in turn make surgical repair difficult or impossible. At least consult with a good PT who can probably assess the injury and recommend stuff that won't actually harm the injury. A good one will also be able to advise you if you need to see a physician who can order diagnostic studies (X Ray, MRI, and such).