Old 06-11-22, 01:19 AM
koala logs
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
I do a lot of indoor training on my rollers. I just do it. It rains here a lot and it's quicker than the maintenance required to ride outdoors. Except for recovery spins, I don't think I get much out of a ride of less than 45'. That's about when one begins to get a training effect. It takes me 15' to warm up, then 15' with my legs still not feeling right, then everything comes together. I play loud rock music, which helps. Might not help your mom.
I used to play some literal garbage pop music (not the Garbage band) when exercising indoors on the trainer but mom did not like it either! I'm in the same situation as OP.

Earphones did not work for me as well because I sweat a lot. I used to have sweat-proof earphones, it didn't last. Now, I workout in silence or whatever TV show or movie mom's watching. We share the same trainer between me and my mom but hers on the lowest resistance setting. If working out is hard enough even with music, without music, it's just a little bit harder but otherwise, you can get used to it.

In an alternate reality, a long outdoor ride in a never ending empty road and nice scenery would have been nice.