View Single Post
Old 07-03-22, 03:45 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10424 Post(s)
Liked 11,898 Times in 6,094 Posts
Today was a glorious day on the bike. I took the Litespeed, because I haven't ridden it in over a week and I was jonesing. Omigod! No wonder I was jonesing for it! After all the fiddling with position, now it just FITS. And with the GP5000s and adjusting the hub bearing preload with excruciating care, it really wants to just GO! It wasn't so great weatherwise - drizzly mist for the first 12 or so miles, cloudy almost the whole ride, howling headwind on the northbound trip. But the bike was comfy either in the drops or on top of the hoods with forearms parallel to the ground. This even though the bar is lower than the other bikes, but about 1/2 cm closer. So I just got low and cranked into the headwind.

At one point, a guy about my age (based on the gray hair under the helmet)rolled up beside me at a stop sign at the top of a straight downhill. We ended up playing leapfrog the next 4 miles. I didn't set out to race him. I was really just riding pretty much exactly how I normally would. He never looked over at me, that I saw, and never said a word. I think I might have said "Hey." when he firsl pulled alongside. Eventually he went straight and I went left, but because I was in front I didn't see him not turn, or I'd have wished him a nice ride.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles