View Single Post
Old 04-09-24, 10:47 AM
akoubik

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TakingMyTime
My new Canyon Endurace came equipped with Conti 5000 S TR and running with tubes. Since I am not inclined to run tubeless I would like to continue running them with tubes. These tires are marked as maximum PSI of 72 which is just a little too low for me. Everything I'm reading states 72psi as the max. Since I will be running tubes in these tires does that give me any more wiggle room on the PSI since I won't be running them tubeless?

The other thing is that these things are incredibly difficult getting to seat properly (using tubes). I had one flat while on the road and I couldn't get it to seat properly. I actually road home with a pretty sketchy install. I then made 2 attempts (while at home in my garage) to get them installed properly and I just gave up. I currently have a set of 5000s (clinchers) and I'm just afraid to go through all the hassle of trying to get the TR tires back on there. I've never had such an ordeal installing tires as I did with the tubeless version.

Tubes or tubless doesn't change anything on tire max pressure. I know people give tubless magic powers but unless you are in Arizona gravel the benefits with new super light tubes are so small it is not worth the messy hassle. Larger tire = lower pressure. After 19 mm 120 PSI tires we (the research) found that pressure is not really that relevant to rolling resistance in real world. In fact wider with lower pressure are better. Why do you think 72 psi is low for you?