View Single Post
Old 06-23-22, 03:50 PM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 754 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by GadgetGirlIL
debade Apparently living in the Chicago metropolitan area my entire life has convinced me that ALL airports are in messy traffic areas (O'Hare especially). But I just looked closely at the Dane County airport in RWGPS and I can see easy access to bike lanes to make my way to my route. It has been a while since I've ridden around Madison - I forgot how bike friendly it is!
I have ridden into or out of a number of major airports and never found it that bad, but typically there are other options than riding to get away from airports if you need them. These include airport shuttles, light rail, and so on. Sounds like you got a better offer, but for future reference airports typically work out okay for the purpose.

I also find airports good places to use as endpoints to rent cars one way to and from. I have never been denied a one way rental or hit with a big one way fee when prebooking a car airport to airport. Walking up to the counter has not yielded the same result. Even if I am in the terminal I book online before I walk up to the terminal. Too many times walking up to a counter resultis in a "sorry, we have no cars that we can let go out one way"

Last edited by staehpj1; 06-23-22 at 03:57 PM.
Likes For staehpj1: