Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,811 Times in 3,319 Posts
Originally Posted by cxwrench
If that were case then maybe you could explain how there are 700c hookless rims now. Like Enve and Zipp are making. I'll be waiting.
Because even the rim manufacturer's see the advantage of saying 700C just like the tire manufacturer's do. That's a marketing thing. Most people still think of their tires as 700C and have no idea about the real size of their tires or rims.

We were talking about what the ISO size meant. Not what the 700C means.

Not that any tire or tube manufacturer has to even follow ISO standards. There is nothing regulatory about it and it is quite out of date for things made today. So that's where the disparity of what you and I are discussing comes in. So you have to know which rim and tire manufacturer you are talking about to even correctly say for certain what a size designation means.

So if you need more evidence then how about this from Continental Bicycle Tire ...

Continental recommends that you mount bicycle tyres on hook edge type rims only. Hook edge type rims provide a more secure hold, especially with air pressures exceeding 44 PSI (3 bar). These advantages are safety-relevant. From 73 PSI (5 bar) onwards, the hook edge type rims are even stipulated by the ETRTO guideline. This rim type, for example 622 x 13C, is indicated with a rim base diameter in mm (size D), the rim width in mm (size A) and a “C” for crotchet (Illustration 6 ). If the size information on older rims is no longer legible, the rim width can simply be measured by using a calliper from one hook edge to the other. An overview listing the appropriate rim width for every tyre size is also available from ETRTO (also look at the chart 7 ).
https://blobs.continental-tires.com/...otice-data.pdf

If you wish you can go to Schwalbe's site and dig up the one that says C is simply a reference to the old french sizing system. But that's not in my favor. But at least I gave you something for you to back up your so far unsupported assertions where I have now given two in my favor.
Likes For Iride01: