View Single Post
Old 03-25-24, 08:00 PM
boomer58 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 21 Posts
Tour de Cure

I did my first Tour de Cure yesterday in Orlando. I waited until I was 65 to do this and I don't know why. It was an awesome experience and I can't wait until I can do another one. Unfortunately I fell and it caused another guy to crash on top of me. It was totally my fault and I felt terrible about it. He wasn't hurt at all and his bike was fine. He was really good about it and helped me out of the road. Once he knew I was ok he went on and finished. I thought my bike was ok until I went to get back on it and I had a broken pedal. I couldn't clip back into the left pedal because the back was broken. I was able to pedal with it as long as my toe was pushed into the front of it but I had to be careful to not slide my foot off the side. I finished the last 32 miles this way and was glad I was able to. I have never ridden in groups before and I am not comfortable with that. Probably just lack of experience and the last thing I want to do is cause someone else to crash. Despite all of the bruises, cuts, scrapes, and broken pedal, I had a great experience. Oh yeh, I raised $1680.00 dollars, boomer.
63 miles, 3 hours 54 minutes, 16 mph.
Likes For boomer58: