Old 09-28-20, 11:03 PM
MntnMan62

Bikes: Road - Motobecane Sprintour / Mountain - Schwinn Mesa GSX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I didn't say the components are fake or the bikes are fake but the name is a bunch of B.S. designed to give their bikes fake prestige. The bikes are not at all the same as the other bikes being made in Taiwan. Making it in the same place doesn't mean the same quality at all. It is not like BikesDirect is paying anyone to do a bunch of real R&D and testing and all the stuff that say Specialized or Kona or Trek or whoever does.

Philasteve got it correct their prices are a big joke. No sales no nothing just a bunch of B.S. You aren't going to sell a bike saying generic open mold frame at bargain bin prices but Motobecane on SALE it is more attractive.

The components being hung on them may be good components that is fine but just be honest about it. Honesty is always the best policy.
Say what you will. I knew I wasn't buying a Motobecane when I bought it. I wanted a utilitarian road bike that I could have fun riding and get myself into some sort of shape. And that bike has lasted me over 15 years. And it still rides like it was brand new. I also know that while the frame may not have the R&D behind it like the other "big names" but they are well built and with a complete Ultegra kit on it, I paid significantly less than a similarly equipped "big name" brand. Since I'm not racing or on some team and I'm no road snob or brand wh***, this bike is pretty darn excellent.
Likes For MntnMan62: