Old 04-07-21, 12:28 AM
SapInMyBlood
Enthusiastic Sufferer

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Roubaix, 2014 Salsa Fargo, 2013 Trek Remedy, 2014 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 107 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Maybe the issue is that you don't ride with a power meter, upload your rides to a training diary and then examine your power output. Even if you don't have a power meter, if you use an uploadable GPS device like a Garmin, you can upload to Strava for instance, and it will calculate your estimated average power output and give you a total in kJ.

If you had been doing that, like everyone else discussing power output here, you'd know that 500kJ output is about an hour at 140w, which would get me about 19 miles down a flat road - and would be the result of burning about 500 calories. There's a very good explanation of kJ and Calories (kcal) here: https://www.trainerroad.com/blog/calories-and-power/ Which I think has already been posted, but you obviously didn't read it. Try reading it now.
Thank you for sharing that! I didn't know about the differences and (in) efficiencies before

I guess stravas calories consumed metric is actually quite accurate if you're riding with a power Meter