GlennR
On Your Left

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Sram eTap, Zipp 303

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked 2,434 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Jesus Joe, I mean you got rear ended while on a Bike ?. Never heard of a cyclist getting rear ended. Did the Mercedes driver at least get out to see if you were OK or check for damage ?. What a tool.
A few years ago I was on a group ride and we were stopped at a red light crossing Rt.107 in Muttontown. A car topped into 3 riders in the back, one needing medical attention.

Just the other day I was about 6 cars back at a red light at Merrits and Hempstead Turnpike, the light turned green and 5 of the cars moved through the intersection. The car in front of me didn't move so I started to yell "LETS MOVE" over and over. Finally i went around the car, the drive had her head down looking at her phone. As I pulled in front I could her the car's engine rev and realized that she finally looked up and was going to run me over. Luckily she finally saw me and hit the brakes.

My fault, I should of anticipated that she would wake up, not see any cars in front and try to make the light. I never should of gotten in front.

We all need to assume we are invisible to drivers and not put ourselves in a position to get hit. Doesn't matter who's right and who's wrong.. the bike always looses.

Glad you're OK Joe.