View Single Post
Old 05-21-22, 09:24 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,026 Times in 723 Posts
The oldest and I made it to TTown to race at the velodrome today. Hopefully someone will send me a couple pics as her team had a couple photographers taking pics. Unfortunately back in Feb when we were at Rock Hill she has a slow speed accident from the girl in front of her sliding down the track, despite no injury she's now freaked out about TTown which looks too similar despite being longer and less steep. She did all three races but her performance was abysmal compared to how she's done there in the past. Problem with with kids with anxiety is getting them to get out of their own heads sometimes. But she claims she still wants to race nationals so we'll be back there next month, hopefully more than once, to get her confidence back.

As for me, I managed to not be last in my first race, was third to last, managed to only get lapped once on the second race but stayed with the pack through the first 12 laps, wouldn't have been last if someone didn't dnf, they really stepped it up for the last 4. Third race didn't get lapped at all, actually managed to stay with the pack till the last lap. So while still slow, its all new personal bests for me having two races where I wasn't lapped and even being better than second to last, last is my usual place. Even if not that great, still makes the drive for my daughter better and beats sitting around like the other parents.