Old 11-08-20, 05:23 PM
icemilkcoffee 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1561 Post(s)
Liked 1,734 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by IGH_Only
I want to quit the first couple of miles almost every single time.
That's the same way with every aerobic sport. When you are running, the first mile is always the toughest. You feel like stopping and going back home. Once you get over that hump then you can continue on for miles.

Somehow, I've manage to always complete the predetermined route, usually with a bit of tiredness.
The secret to planning a good route is this: always go out with the headwind in your face, and finish in the direction with the tailwind. That way you always finish the ride feeling great.

Would a much better bike make it more enjoyable? I currently ride a 3 speed entry level bike. I think enjoy it for the most part but don't have a comparative basis.
YES. I am guessing your 3 speed bike is a utility type bike. That style of bicycle is designed for sauntering down to the corner store or the subway station down the block. It's not for riding 10 miles at a time. Get yourself a proper drop bar bike where you can stretch out your legs and put down some power. Those overpasses and underpasses will be fast and fun instead of an exercise in frustration.