Old 01-20-21, 05:49 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3147 Post(s)
Liked 1,711 Times in 1,033 Posts
Great insights, folks! Thanks for sharing them!

Our strategies depend on the who’s and where’s, so there is no right or wrong...it just depends.

I’m really happy to hear stories of us, as clydes, getting out there, getting after it, and feeling good about cycling! I was largely off the back last year because of a newly arthritic knee and the follow-on effects of a crappy season before that due to injuries, and I’m only now back to training, feeling the results and gains, and getting psyched-up for the coming season. It’s gonna be different than my memory of being fit is, because though I’m doing well, I’m still going to be short of where my spring numbers used to be, and these damned knees have ruined my general confidence, so I’m thankful to hear from everyone the strategies and stories of what works for them and to get out of the historic fantasy world in my head.