Old 04-15-21, 03:19 PM
sovende

Bikes: TNTL (Too numerous to list)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 115 Posts
I thought the “cover the pedals with socks” was a great suggestion . A bit classier suggestion might be a couple of those promotional can cozies that are made of fabric covered foam-like material. You could store them in the cargo pockets of your pants! Problem solved . (No special pants required!)
While it does seem like some of the replies have been a bit “mean spirited”, I do understand where they might be coming from. You’re experiencing an issue (problem) and appear to be focused on a single solution (pants made of tough fabric) and seemingly unwilling to consider alternative solutions. My wife calls it “pit-bulling” .
I have to say that if I had a bike with pedals that were somehow able to snag fibers out of denim pant legs, I’d be looking for different pedals!
RE: the issue of hauling 50 lbs (bike, gear and groceries) up several flights of stairs, might it not be reasonable to make two trips? Lock your bike outside of the building and take the gear and groceries up to your flat. Unload then go back down for the bike. Again, problem solved.
Dealing with the issues that day to day life throws at us, more so now than ever, requires flexibility of thought as well as action. Just sayin’.
Likes For sovende: