View Single Post
Old 04-29-24, 09:41 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 781 Post(s)
Liked 1,810 Times in 1,039 Posts
Originally Posted by Smaug1
For Saturday, my stepdaughter made it to the state solo singing competition and got the highest rating. There is no overall winner or anything these days, just a score 1-5, where 1 is the best and that's what she got.
Here she is singing the song at the previous stage of competition; I think you'll like it!
https://youtu.be/ptPQ3KPXVqY
My mother help start the Palm Beach Opera Company back in the 60's and she started singing professionally from age 13 to 59. My 2 siblings and I grew up with classical music and opera, were all taught how to read and arrange music, learned music theory, and could all play multiple instruments. My sister was very good with strings, she was a first chair all state, for Violin and Viola, but also played the piano. I was a second chair in Trumpet\French Horn\Baritone, but also played several windwood instruments, oboe and bassoon; and some piano, master of none, player of many as it were. My brother played anything with a reed, and played them all very well. They could also both sing, I was too shy to sing in front of people, I would freeze up, but I appreciate people with the courage to do that. I do however have a great ear for music and your step daughter, for her age, is very good and I hope she continues to follow that path if that is what she chooses to do. Singing in small area like that is can be a curse as you can hear every mistake and that can ruin your confidence if you choose to let it. She has a lot of power in her voice, great tone, very good range.

Kudo's to her and tell her to keep at it, you never know where it can take her in life. My sister's bachelors degree was paid for with a music scholarship.

Likes For jaxgtr: